Weddings are a special and memorable day in any woman’s life. They can also be expensive events as any bride or bride-to-be knows. Perhaps one of the most expensive wedding purchases is the wedding dress. Fortunately, for 2013 budget weddings, there are a few tips that can help any woman find beautiful wedding gowns at an affordable price.
Choosing the Right Dress
There are several cheap wedding dresses on the market that are just as beautiful as the more expensive dresses. Knowing where to look and how to find that perfect dress can help save a decent amount of money for brides on a budget. Consider the following tips:
- List your budget on paper. Having a budget list ensures that a bride will stick with her budget. Write down a budget for the entire wedding rather than just the dress. Remember to leave room in the budget for any alterations the dress may need.
- Borrowing is always an option. Many women find it classic and memorable to wear a dress that once belonged to their mother or even their grandmother. This can certainly cut out a lot of expense. Of course, the dress may be outdated, but it is simple enough to update any old-fashioned dress to a more modern, sleek style using simple alterations.
- Turn to bid sites for used dresses. The internet provides several websites where women can sell their wedding gowns. This allows a bride-to-be to find a beautiful dress at an affordable price. Women can save hundreds of dollars on a gown simply by purchasing a used dress.
- 2013 budget weddings are made much simpler with online shopping. Shopping online for a dress allows women to find amazing dresses at great prices. The internet increases available dress options. However, it is important to be cautious. Make sure the seller offers a return policy on all purchases in case the dress is not quite what was expected.
- Hit up local outlet stores. Search for outlet stores and malls. Several cities have outlet bridal shops complete with many beautiful dresses. Keep in mind that these dresses are usually affordable because the styles are from last season but no one is going to notice.
- Do not be afraid to bargain. Bargaining or negotiating with the seller is not unheard of. Many budget savvy brides know just how to negotiate a discount out of a dress seller. Brides are more likely to strike a bargain if they purchase the dress, shoes, accessories and alterations from the same location.
- Get creative. It is not unusual for a bride on a budget to design her own wedding dress. A woman who is good with a needle and thread can easily design and create her own dress. Not to mention that this creates an unforgettable, one-of-a-kind style.
Cheap wedding dresses can be just as memorable as the dresses created by more expensive designers. Knowing exactly how to find those dresses and save money can mean all the difference between an affordable wedding and a wedding that creates unnecessary debt.